Lip Care Addict: Yes's and No's


Dry lips? Check. Stacks of lip care products to try and sort them out? Check! In term of lip care products I am a total addict. My lips get dry all the time and I hate it. I have been through sooo many lip products to help and keep them silky smooth and healthy looking. I mean who likes the look of chapped lips? Definitely not me. 

Lip Care Yes's

1. Nivea Essential Care Chap Sticks - My number one lip balm of all time! Even after trying stacks of other lip balm products I find myself coming back to this one every time. It is easy to use as is in chap stick form. The formula is non sticky and extremely soothing on the lips and it moisturises your lips so well. It also lasts for a long time. With other lip balms I have found that the chapped-ness of my lips comes back about half an hour later of application yet this one can last for hours. And it's only £1.99! Definitely definitely recommend this!!


2. Lush Lip Scrub- I only tend to use this product occasionally as using it too much can be quite harsh on the lips. However, when I do it works wonders! As gross as it sounds, it exfoliates your lips and gets rid of all the dead skin cells. After using I apply a coat of regular lip balm or lipstick and my lips feel so soft. The scent is amazing too- I have the Christmas edition one which smells of Coca Cola.


3. Burt's Bees Lip Balm- Another chap stick lip balm (my favourite sort of lip balm) and another amazing product. Burt's Bees has been one of my favourites for a while now. Mainly because I really like the idea that the ingredients in it are natural- it makes me feel good for what I am putting on my lips. The formula is great and it gets rid of dry lips within
 minutes. I also really like the pomegranate one as it has a slight berry red tint to it.


Lip Care No's

1. EOS Lip Balms- I know many people rave about the EOS lip balms but in my opinion, even though they are a fairly nice product, if you are looking for something to heal your lips I wouldn't go for this. It feels soothing on your lips and gives them a nice gloss however they just don't make a difference to your lips. If anything they make them in worse condition than they were before you applied the balm. I do like this product but not as a product that would save my dry lips.



2. Carmex- 1 thing I like about Carmex is the cold, tingly feeling it gives to your lips as you apply it. Aside from that, I really don't like the product. I feel that it is makes your lips feel better for about 10 minutes after applying it but then makes them worse so that you'll have to keep applying it and then quickly run out and have to buy another one. Not worth the money at all in my opinion.



3. Maybelline Baby Lips- Want something to hide chapped lips? Well Baby Lips lip balms  just enhance them x1000. I was so disappointed by the Baby Lips as I heard so many good reviews about them. They do really not help your lips at all. I like the colour that they give and I love the smell but the actual formula really isn't the best. Again not good if you want a product to heal your lips.


I hope that this post has given some help if anyone is looking for good lip care products. If anyone has any other recommendations then please leave a comment and let me know! :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment